Welcome to my second curry adventure! (The first was a simple coconut chicken curry here).
Since Hake is a very mild flavored fish, I like overwhelming it with flavors from spices or sauces. I had never tried it with curry though so I thought I go the fish bake route with some curry flavor. Recipe below:
- Hake, scaled and fins removed
- Baby potatoes, washed and chopped into half
- One cup of cream
- An assortment of spices (I used black pepper, cardamon, brown onion, paprika, garam masala and sweet basil)
- Hot curry powder
- One onion’s worth of onion rings
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Place the fish and potatoes into a baking tin. Salt lightly.
- Fry the onions in the oil till they are cooked
- Add one teaspoon of the assorted spices
- Add cream
- Add 2 teaspoons of curry powder. (Taste at this point to ensure the spices are well balanced and adjust according to taste)
- Pour the spicy cream over the fish and potatoes
- Place into the oven at 180 degrees C and bake covered for about 20 minutes and then uncovered for another 5-10 minutes