This dish was born out of a need to use up my left over feta cheese. I did not want to make a salad so I decided to use it in a potato dish instead. My herb of choice was Rosemary in this case but you can replace it with whatever works for you. Use your discretion as far as measurements are concerned because the amounts may differ from time to time.
- Potatoes chopped into bite size cubes
- Rosemary, chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of oil/butter
- Feta cheese, crumbed and seasoned with pepper and rosemary
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place cut up potatoes into a bowl. Toss in rosemary, lemon juice, oil/butter and black pepper.
- Transfer ingredients to a baking dish, pour milk into the dish and ensure it covers the base of the dish. Cover and bake for 30-45 mins or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover, sprinkle feta cheese cubes over the potatoes and bake for a further 10-15 mins or until most of the milk evaporates. Do not expect the feta to melt because it won’t. The 10 minutes will just allow it to heat through a little.
- Remove from oven and serve.
I really loved this dish! Feta cheese is no longer designated to salads or creamed spinach in my kitchen anymore. I had it with red wine braised chicken, recipe here. You can add a little more lemon juice and some salt before serving for flavor. I usually only cook with salt when baking.